In order for a student to enroll in online courses through Schuylkill County Online Learning, school districts must:
- Sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU)
- Establish a central office liaison for decision making
- Establish a building-level liaison for student-related decisions
- Determine district online education implementation policies and procedures (e.g., report cards, truancy, graduation projects)
Once an MOU is in place, the student enrollment process is as follows:
- Building-level liaison from school district submits an Online Enrollment Data Form to Schuylkill County Online Learning.
- SIU contacts student/family to complete the enrollment process.
- SIU schedules a student orientation to help students navigate through online courses, review policies and student responsibilities, and provide any necessary equipment.
SCHOOL DISTRICT INQUIRIES
For more information about the possibility of providing the Schuylkill County Online Learning program to students in your district, school personnel should contact Diane Best or Vince Hoover at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-544-9131 x1229.